Job Vacancy: Regional Community Development Manager
Closing Date: Friday, 31 March 2023
Location: Tennant Creek
The Regional Community Development Manager is responsible for providing high level operational and strategic support, supervision, and mentoring to key operational staff. The position will require you to manage and co-ordinate of a number of programs within the directorate including Youth, Sports and Recreation, Youthlinks, Safe Houses, Tennant Creek Swimming Facility and Library Services.
The key duties are but not limited to:
- Directly supervise and manage Youth Sport & Rec Support Officer, Youth Sport & Rec Team Leaders, Youth Centre Coordinator, Swimming Pool Coordinator and the Library Coordinator and Officer setting a high standard of service delivery, provide high level support and advice; including supporting appropriate training and development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and collaboration with Communities and relevant Stakeholders for the successful delivery of programs.
- Ensure that all program reports and associated funding reports are completed to a high order and submitted in a timely manner.
- Manage the overall program expenditure of the Community Development programs in accordance with Council policies and contractual requirements.
- Drive the operational and strategic planning for the identification and development of new initiatives and funding opportunities in collaboration with the Director Community Development.
- Ensure programs are compliant with the Local Government Act, Regulations, standards and policies adopted by Council.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting, including demonstrated skills in negotiation, conflict resolution, teamwork and leadership.
- Proven ability to manage financial, and funded programs across multiple communities.
- Experience working within programs that are heavily legislated and understanding of legislative requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline such as Youth Work, Social Work, Community Development or similar.
- Demonstrate experience is People Management
- Experience in Local, State/territory Government processes.
- Remote locality allowance – payable on top of your regular salary as per our EBA (if applicable)
- Furnished housing (subject to availability)
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Free access to the swimming pool and gym facilities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- An inclusive and diverse workplace culture
- Career progression opportunities
- Training and professional development
If you are interested in this role, please submit a relevant cover letter and up-to-date resume to email@example.com
Please note, should you not address the essential requirements within your cover letter, you will not be considered for this position.
If you would like to know more details, please Call Shianne Pes on 08 6202 7143 for a confidential chat today.
Regional Community Development Manager - Clink here to find out more!