News: Expression of Interest
Council seeks expressions of interest for an Audit Committee Chairperson
Posted: Tuesday, 10 October 2017
Barkly Regional Council seeks expressions of interest for a suitably qualified person to act as an independent chairperson for its Audit Committee.
The Chairperson will desirably:
- Have a level of understanding of local government and the council’s operations and the environment in which it operates;
- Have a level of knowledge and practical exposure on governance and financial management practices;
- Have the capacity to dedicate adequate time on the committee which meets quarterly;
- Have a depth of knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Be a qualified accountant.
Expressions should address the above criteria, be marked ‘Confidential – Audit Committee Chairperson’ and sent to the CEO, Barkly Regional Council, PO Box 821, Tennant Creek, NT, 0861, OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Tuesday, 24 October 2017.
Any enquiries can be directed to the CEO Steve Moore on 8962 0020 or 0448 051 384.