News: Youth Council Nominations 2020
Now open for Youth aged 14-18
Posted: Friday, 14 February 2020
The Barkly Regional Youth Council is looking to add some additional members to its core group for 2020 as some students have graduated and positions need to be filled. If you would like to nominate a young person between the ages of 14 and 18 to have a voice for the Barkly Region you can download a form here.
Please not we will require consent from the nominee as well as permission from a legal guardian to be eligible for nomination. See terms of reference below and here.
Youth Council Terms of Reference
Ex officio - Mayor of Barkly Regional Council
Youth between 14-18 appointed as Youth Advisory Council members by the Selection Committee
A Youth Mayor and Deputy Youth Mayor elected at the inaugural meeting of the Youth Council for 24 month term
Minimum of 4 per year
Majority of members – determined by dividing Members by 2 and adding 1.
Provisional Meetings can still be endorsed by Council and a subsequent Provisional Meeting
- To provide young people in the Barkly region a voice to discuss issues relevant to them
- To inform Council of issues and initiatives
- To promote the social and professional development of young people in the Barkly region
Agendas & MinutesCouncil will provide secretariat support to the Youth Council, including:
- The preparation of an agenda and subsequent minutes in conjunction with the Chair of the Youth Council;
- notifying members and providing the agenda at least five (5) days before the meeting
Council Staff in AttendanceThe CEO or his delegate must attend each meeting
Council must consider Youth Council minutes at its next available meeting and record its response to any matters raised.
Council websiteAgendas and minutes of Youth Council meetings will be made available on the Barkly Regional Council website at www.barkly.nt.gov.au