Frequently asked questions and easy to find answers.
- 1. What time is the Library open?
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday:
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
We are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
- 2. Does the Library have Wi-Fi?
- Yes! The library has both PCs connected to the internet and high speed Wi-Fi. Members can access these services free of charge. Non-members will need to pay a small fee, charged at $3 per 30 minutes.
- 3. What do I need to do to become a Library member if I live in Tennant Creek?
- Becoming a member is easy. All we need is some photo ID, proof of residency and a few minutes of your time to fill out the membership application. It takes us about 5 minutes to process your application. Then you are ready to go.
- 4. Can I still join if I'm only visiting Tennant Creek?
- You can sign up for a Temporary Membership if you are in town for a short time. You will need to show photo ID and provide a $50 cash security deposit. This will be refunded at the end of your stay provided all borrowed items are returned in good condition.
- 5. How much does it cost to sign up?
- Becoming a member is entirely FREE for local residents. Temporary members are required to submit a $50.00 refundable cash deposit.
- 6. How much can I borrow?
- Local Resident Members can have up to ten (10) items on their account at any given time. Temporary Members can have five (5) on loan.
- 7. What can I borrow?
- Members can choose from our wide array of Books, Audiobooks, Graphic Novels, DVDs/CDs or Magazines.
- 8. How long can I borrow something for?
DVDs and CDs have a one (1) week loan period.
Books, Audiobooks, and Magazines have a four (4) week loan period.
If you need an item for longer, contact the library before the due date to request a renewal. A DVD will be extended another week, a book another four weeks.
- 9. Can I browse the books even if I'm not a Library member?
- Of course. While you can't take any item home, you can enjoy a relaxing read inside the library. We have plenty of comfortable seating for you while undertaking your literary adventure.