The Tennant Creek Public Library is a free service provided by the Barkly Regional Council. Residents and visitors to Tennant Creek are welcome to make use of the library services
|Monday to Friday||10am - 1pm
2pm - 5.30pm
|Saturday||9am - 12pm|
The library is a central hub for community members and travellers. Visitors can enjoy a relaxing environment to read, catch up on the news, study or bring the kids in for some fun in the playroom.
What can I borrow?
The library contains a variety of audio books, paperback books & DVDs, just to name a few items.
The library has a loan limit of 15 items for permanent members.
What is required to become a member?
Please speak with our friendly library staff for information on becoming a member of our library.
You will need an ID and something that guarantees you live in Tennant Creek - For example a rates notice.
Temporary Membership is available to the public but conditions will apply. Please contact the library for more details.
eResources are available via the BorrowBox app
eBooks, eAudibooks and ePress(Magazines) are available to all members for free via the BorrowBox app. Please contact the library for more information to set up your account.
Please see below some commonly asked questions and answers.
- 1. What can i borrow?
- The Library contains a variety of Audio Books, paperback books and DVDs, just to name a few items.
- 2. What is the limit on how much i can borrow?
- The Library has a loan limit of 15 items for all members.
- 3. What is required to become a member of the Library?
- Please speak with our friendly Library staff for information on becoming a library member. You will need proof of residency and ID, for us to confirm you are a resident of the Barkly Region
- 4. I am NOT a resident, but would still like to become a member. How do i become a Temporary member
- Temporary Membership is available, but conditions apply. Please contact the Library for further details.
- 5. How long can items be loaned out for?
All Books are able to be loaned for up to 6 weeks*
All DVDs are able to be loaned for up to 7 Calendar Days*
Reference Materials (including archives) CANNOT BE LOANED
*from the date of first loan.
Please note: All Items loaned must be returned before the loan term expires. Failure to do so will result in you being charged for replacement of the item, at cost price.
For more information, please contact us on:
Phone: 08 8962 0094 / 08 8962 0092