Frequently asked questions and easy to find answers.
- 1. What time is the Library open?
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday:
10am-1pm and 2pm-5:30pm (Closed between 1pm and 2pm for Lunch)
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
We are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
- 2. Does the Library have Wi-Fi?
Yes! The library has both PCs connected to the internet and high speed Wi-Fi. Members can access these services free of charge. Non-members will need to pay a small fee, charged at $5 per 30 minutes and $8 per 1 hour
All sessions are capped at 2 hours per day, to ensure fair use for all patrons
Please note: Wi-Fi is currently unavailable
- 3. What do I need to do to become a Library member if I live in Tennant Creek?
- Becoming a member is easy. All we need is some photo ID, proof of residency and a few minutes of your time to fill out the membership application. It takes us about 5 minutes to process your application. Then you are ready to go.
- 4. Can I still join if I'm only visiting Tennant Creek?
- You can sign up for a Temporary Membership if you are in town for a short time. You will need to show photo ID and provide a $50 cash security deposit. This will be refunded at the end of your stay provided all borrowed items are returned in good condition.
- 5. How much does it cost to sign up?
- Becoming a member is entirely FREE for local residents. Temporary members are required to submit a $50.00 refundable cash deposit.
- 6. How much can I borrow?
- Local Resident Members can have up to fifteen (15) items on their account at any given time. Temporary Members can have five (5) on loan.
- 7. What can I borrow?
Members can choose from our wide array of Books, Audiobooks, Graphic Novels, DVDs or Magazines, and access to eResources via the BorrowBox app.
The BorrowBox App allows access to eBooks, Audiobooks and ePress (magazines).
- 8. How long can I borrow something for?
DVDs have a one (1) week loan period.
Books, Audiobooks, and Magazines have a six (6) week loan period.
If you need an item for longer, contact the library before the due date to request a renewal. A DVD will be extended another week, a book another six (6) weeks.
- 9. Can I browse the books even if I'm not a Library member?
- Of course. While you can't take any item home, you can enjoy a relaxing read inside the library, in comfort. We have plenty of comfortable seating for your convenience, while undertaking your literary adventure.