Barkly Regional Council engages constituents through its 13 elected Councillors and seven Local Authorities to develop and publish yearly regional plans.
Previously called a Shire Plan, the Regional Plan is published annually and guides the operations of our council as we strive to achieve our vision.
The Barkly Regional Council's Regional Plans are developed in consultation with staff and communities, approved by council and tabled with the Northern Territory Government.
The Regional Plans provided below describe the vision for our region and explains what we do and our operating environment for each projected period addressing our vision, mission and values and how we plan to achieve our vision.
- Regional Plan 2022-2023
- Regional Plan 2021-2022
- Regional Plan 2020-2021
- Regional Plan 2019-2020
- Regional Plan 2018-2019
- Regional Plan 2017-2018 Support Documentation - Budget
- Regional Plan 2016-2017
- Regional Plan 2015-2016
- Regional Plan 2015-2016: Support Documentation - Budget
- Regional Plan 2015-2016: Support Documentation - Grant Funding
- Regional Plan 2015-2016: Support Documentation - Community Services
- Regional Plan 2015-2016: Support Documentation - Strategic Directions
- Regional Plan 2014-2015
- Shire Plan 2013-14
- Budget 2013-14
- Shire Plan 2012-13
- Shire Plan 2011-2012 + Four Year Financial Plan June 2012
REGIONAL MANAGEMENT PLAN
This Local Government Regional Management Plan (RMP) for the Central Australian Region is a statutory instrument under part 3.1 of the Local Government Act 2008 (NT). It comes into effect on 1 July 2011 and has a term of 4 years, during which time it can be reviewed.
The local government bodies covered by terms of this plan are:
i) MacDonnell Shire Council; ii) Central Desert Shire Council; iii) Barkly Shire Council; iv) Alice Springs Town Council
Completed 8 July 2020